Smart Skin

Smart Skin was founded by Niomi Smart, a wellness and lifestyle influencer who wanted to create her own 'dream skincare routine' that celebrates passion, positivity and smart choices during her skincare ritual. Niomi's mission for Smart Skin is to build a community of like-minded people to share ideas with, aiming to provide educational resources for those who wish to expand their knowledge into ethical beauty and wellbeing. 

Niomi Smart Skincare

Smart Skin has been formulated in all aspects to be sustainable and environmentally friendly without compromising high efficacy formulas. Smart Skin is proud to be certified vegan, cruelty-free and COSMOS Certified to guarantee transparency and provenance of the formula inside the bottle. Sustainable Palm Oil is a featured ingredient in the products as it is an extremely efficient crop and can yield up to 10 times the amount of palm oil per area of land compared to coconut oil and offers jobs to over 25 million people living in poverty in developing countries. The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil has developed a set of environmental and social criteria which companies must comply with in order to produce Certified Sustainable Palm Oil. When applied, these criteria can minimise the negative impact of palm oil cultivation on the environment and communities. 

To ensure environmentally friendly production and manufacturing the brand looks for certain practices when considering suppliers such as investment into reducing carbon footprint, investment into sustainable manufacturing, enthusiasm for positive social and environmental change through beauty and UK based as a first choice to reduce transport distances and carbon footprint. 

The packaging for Smart Skin is recycled card that is sourced from trees grown in responsible forests by the Forest Stewardship Council and is left uncoated to reduce the number of processes during production. The product tubes are recycled aluminium which is  98% recyclable, and currently Smart Skin is working on developments to form the other 2% to be recyclable.